Protect your purchase and enjoy it longer!
Extend the life of your new or used gear, and leave the worrying to us. An extended life plan can pay for itself after 1 repair! Our plan includes:
100% Parts & Labour Covered
In the event that your gear is deemed to be defective, the repair or replacement parts and labour will be 100% covered throughout your H.E.L.P term.*
*See Terms & Conditions for full details.
If your product requires more than two repairs for any problem covered under the manufacturer's warranty, we will replace it over the counter with a comparable model of like kind and quality. Most warranties tend to offer replacement after THREE repairs for the SAME problem – and not over the counter.
Fully Administered by Henry's
H.E.L.P is managed and designed by our industry experts. With H.E.L.P., you never have to consult a third party company for approval or repairs. H.E.L.P. was created with our customers in mind and we stand behind supporting them, which is why Henry's has been in business in Canada for over a century.
We can help you find an authorized service centre anywhere in the world. Please contact your local Henry's store for assistance. Wherever life takes you and your equipment, we've got you covered.
30 Day Exchange for Defects
If your product develops a defect within the first 30 days, we'll simply replace it over the counter so you can get back to enjoying your gear right away.
H.E.L.P. stays with the product, even if you sell it to a new owner, protecting your gear's resale value.
20% Off At-Fault Repairs
If your product needs repair due to external damage (water, sand or impact damage), H.E.L.P. reduces the cost of the repair by 20%.
Available in 2 or 3 Year Plans
Henry's offers both 2 and 3 year H.E.L.P. plans to ensure that you get the level of protection you think is best for your new purchase.
30 Day Price Protection
H.E.L.P. extends our Price Protection policy for up to 30 days. You'll always get the best product at the best price.
Life Plans Extend the Manufacturer's Warranty for Longer Coverage!
H.E.L.P. adds benefits from the date of purchase, plus adds years of coverage to the manufacturer's warranty.
H.E.L.P. extends the manufacturer's warranty, instead of replacing it like other retailers.
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||2 Years|
|Competitor's Warranty||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|Henry's Extended Life Plan||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years||4 Years||5 Years|
Example based on a 3 year life plan. 2 year plan also available.
What our Customers are Saying About H.E.L.P.
"My four year old camera had been giving me trouble. I had purchased Henry's Extended Warranty with it when I bought it and was relieved when I realized it was still within the warranty time frame. I thought Henry's would try to find a way to get out of servicing my camera. Needless to say, they proved me wrong... they went the extra mile and replaced it with a newer model!"
- Ben, Hamilton, ON
"My back-up camera, Canon SX-10, is almost 4 years old and the extended warranty is running out in April. It has been given me some trouble, nothing major, but annoying trouble so Joe decided we should get it back to Henry's before the warranty expired. With the extended warranty, if the camera has to go back for repairs 3 times, they replace it. Now, Joe mentioned this to me on the way to Windsor but I said no way are they going to replace a camera almost 4 years old. They'll come up with some reason not to. I was wrong. He was right....and this time I'm glad he was right. They replaced it with - get this - a Canon SX-50! Wow! I went from a 10 - 50! Nice camera! So, if you are looking for a camera, I recommend Henry's and their extended warranty. Can't wait to get out birding and get some good shots."
- Violet, Windsor, ON
"It pays to buy locally. When people ask me where to buy camera equipment, I always suggest buying from a specialized store near you. This way, not only we encourage local businesses but it is much easier if there is ever a problem with the equipment. Especially since digital cameras are quite sensitive ... During my trip to New Zealand, my 12mm decided it no longer wanted to speak to my camera. In addition, the power grip was behaving rather erratically. Yesterday I went back to Henry's on Bank, where I buy all my equipment. In addition, I always take the extended warranty, no matter what anyone says about it. I thought I would have to wait weeks before the return of my equipment. Today, Henry's replaced my lens, my camera body and my power grip in addition to renew all my warranties, test the rest of my equipment. All this without me asking and also without question. No need to tell you it was a wonderful surprise and a great recognition especially as a customer. So a huge thank you to all the staff at Henry's on Bank, especially Ryan and Meg. I do not believe that such a service would have been possible through the internet."
- Claude W., Ottawa
"As a parent you are on a constant guard for the safety and happiness of your children. I bought my daughter Leanne a camera with an extended warranty prior to her leaving for Australia 2 years ago to attend Teachers Training College, while in Ausie her camera broke and she contacted Henry's and was delighted and happy to find that there was no problem for you to not only fix but replace her camera. Leanne is an avid photographer and has thousands of photos or memories as she calls them. Leanne spent this summer back in Canada with us and told me that her camera had broken once again, I thought that the warranty must have run out by now, so I bought her a new camera from Henry's and while I was there I bought myself a new camera as well. On Wednesday prior to her returning overseas she once again went in to Henry's to see if there was a chance that her old and trusty camera could be fixed, and to her utter joy and happiness Henry's once more made my little girl very happy and excited. Leanne called me from your store, I haven't heard the sort of excited voice from her since she was a little girl. Thank you for the wonderful phone call from my daughter Leanne."
- Greg S., Oakville, ON
"My husband bought me a Nikon for our anniversary a few years ago. The flash stopped working and I brought it in for repair at that time. I checked in a few months later, and unfortunately, it was still not fixed. While on holidays, I received a call that because of the length of time (and our H.E.L.P plan) it was taking to fix our camera, it would be replaced with a Nikon D-5000. I went in to your store as soon as I got back into London.
I did not have time to research the camera that was going to be my replacement. When I got to the store I was greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable customer service representative, Rachel. I asked her to explain all the details of this new camera to me, which she did with precision and detail. With her explanation I realized that this replacement camera would not meet my needs (as I wanted to use macro lenses) and was not exactly comparable to my current model. She quickly realized offered to talk to her manager to see if there was an alternative that could provided that would be better for my uses. She asked me to leave the new D-5000 with her and she would call me later in the week.
The next day, I had a voicemail from Rachel that they were going to replace the D-5000 with DX-90 that would be more comparable and a better fit for me. I went into Henry's and picked up my new camera, with bought a new H.E.L.P plan without issue.
Rachel has turned me into a happy customer who will never buy a camera anywhere else but Henry's London Store. Congratulations on hiring such exceptional employees."
- Leela S., London, ON
General Inquiries and Frequently Asked Questions
For General Inquiries please contact your local Henry's retail location. Click here to find a location near you.
Bring it to the nearest Henry's location or take it directly to an Authorized Service Centre. To find the nearest Authorized Service Centre, consult the product manufacturer's website. All repairs taken directly to an Authorized Service Centre must be pre-authorized by Henry's Service Department.
Bring your equipment to the nearest Authorized Service Centre. To find the nearest Authorized Service Centre, consult the product manufacturer's website. In some cases, particularly if you are outside of Canada or the United States an estimate has to be obtained and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval prior to any work commencing. Once approval has been given and proof of payment provided, a reimbursement will follow via credit card.
A copy of your original bill of sale is all you need for coverage.
Henry's Extended Life Plan does not cover regular maintenance and cleaning. Refer to owner's manual for recommended procedures.
Henry's Extended Life Plan will not cover the cost of repairing your product under these circumstances, but if your unit is sent in for a repair through Henry's, you will receive a 20% discount off the cost of the repair.
Terms and Conditions
Henry's Inc. ("Henry's") agrees with the owner of the new product stated on the purchaser's invoice to extend the Manufacturer's Warranty on the same terms and conditions, for a period of two (2) or three (3) years, subject to a maximum aggregate term of ten (10) years, upon the conditions listed below. Henry's agrees with the owner of the used product on the purchaser's invoice to extend the Henry's Used Warranty for a period of two (2) or three (3) years, upon the conditions listed below. You, the owner of a new or used product (the "Owner") agree that:
- The Henry's Extended Life Plan (the "Plan") is transferable free of charge to a new Owner for the balance of time left on the Plan. The new Owner must produce the original receipt to be eligible for coverage under the Plan.
- The Plan starts from the original date of purchase set out on the date of invoice.
- This Plan is valid worldwide. We reserve the right to require the Owner to return the product to Henry's if no authorized service centre is available to inspect or repair the product.
- Serial number on product must be visible and not altered in any way or removed.
Along with the wording of the Manufacturer's Warranty, the following conditions will apply:
- This Plan does not cover repairs due to improper or abusive use of the product, liquid damage, bent pins, damage as a result of impact, exposure to weather conditions, sand or foreign objects found inside the product.
- Henry's is not responsible for any accessories, bulbs, inks, cables, batteries, cords, tapes, film, cartridges, inks, ribbons, diskettes, media cards or any add-on devices or recordable media products or related products when an item is sent for repairs or replacement, except those covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Replacement of batteries, bulbs, ink, film, filters, fuses, cartridges, ribbons, inks, recordable media products, ink waste pads or any other products with a pre-determined life expectancy are excluded.
- Cleaning, general check and clean, maintenance including grips and repairs due to deterioration of product appearance are excluded.
- External adjustments, use of off-brand parts and supplies, and damage resulting from failure to perform manufacturer's recommended maintenance are excluded.
- Data recovery is excluded. All data must be backed up by the customer prior to Henry's issuing a replacement or repair.
- The Plan covers parts and labour only and does not include phone or email support.
- The Owner agrees that Henry's is not responsible for any indirect, consequential damage (including damage for lost profit, business interruption, loss of data and the like) related to the repair or replacement of the product.
- The Owner releases Henry's, Henry's employees and its affiliates from all liabilities due to damage to the product, replacement of the product or injury to any person that is not due to the fault or negligence of Henry's.
- In the event that replacement parts become unavailable during the term of this contract or if costs of repairing the product is, in Henry's sole opinion, disproportionate with its value, Henry's reserves the right to exchange the product with a comparable model (of like kind and quality).
- The maximum liability of this Plan shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product.
- Henry's has the right to determine the replacement product. If the cost of the replacement product is less than the original product's purchase price, a refund or credit will not be offered for the difference. Any variance between the original purchase and replacement model cannot be carried forward to another purchase.
- If, during the H.E.L.P. warranty period, your product requires repair more than two times for any problem, it may be exchanged for a comparable model in Henry's sole opinion. A repair caused by external damage or sent back "No Fault Found" does not count towards a lemon replacement. Proof of prior repairs must be presented to qualify for a lemon replacement.
- Used Products covered under H.E.L.P.: If a used product covered by a H.E.L.P. warranty is repaired more than two times for any problem, Henry's will attempt to replace the product with a used product of like kind and quality. In the event that a used replacement product is not available, the customer will be issued a Henry's Gift Card not to exceed the original purchase price. Maximum liability shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product. A new product will not be offered as a replacement for a Used product.
- Replacement of the covered product will, during the duration of the plan, fulfill this agreement in its entirety and will discharge all further obligations under the Plan.
- The Plan is void if a product is serviced or repaired by an unauthorized service centre. If a product is sent in for servicing and, after examining the product, the necessary repairs are not covered by the terms and conditions of the Plan, or if no defects are found, the Owner will be responsible for all costs incurred.
- Shipping, Duty, Brokerage costs and Environmental Fees are not covered by the Plan and are payable by the Owner.
This agreement sets forth the entire contract between parties and no representation, promise or condition not set out herein shall be part of this agreement. This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. This extended service plan is provided by Henry's Inc.