Rated 4 out of
New purchase, early days, but so far so good.Bought this tripod on-line and it was just delivered. Seems like a good unit for the price and for my intended use with a spotting scope for nature. I set it up inside to test it out but have not yet used it outside. I agree with a previous reviewer who noted the lack of product documentation or users manual. It's not super complicated but I'd like to know more before I begin random tinkering to figure out how all the details work.
Date published: 2018-01-04
Rated 2 out of
Not bad - but enough lacking that I may well return for credit"As a straight up tripod I have no complaints, with the following exceptions:
1. No user manual included, so figuring out how it works is a guessing game, as a newbie
a. How to set up as monopod not clear
b. How to set up reversible centre column for macro photography not clear
c. How to set locks on legs when opened up not clear
- these issues were cleared up by a second visit to the store (staff in Barrie, ON store are great!)
2. Design for monopod set up poor
- not sure how to explain this, but when using as monopod you are left with 2 pieces to hang on to (plastic flange/spacer and wrist strap), which I assume I will manage to lose at some point, and will be very likely hard to get replacements
- the wrist strap would be a good feature to have when in monopod mode
Since these are apparently manufactured specifically for Henry's, there is no one to blame but Henry's.
Henry's, a user manual is a MUST in my opinion, even if you think usage is intuitive. Even the rep I spoke to about how to use the above features was surprised at the lack of manual and poor design.
If the costs of including a simple instruction sheet are cost prohibitive (really????), at the very least provide a URL link to such a document.
Although I have been very happy with all of my recent Henry's purchases in the past 2 weeks (Nikon D5600, 10-20, 18-55 & 70-300 NIKKOR lenses, Nikon SB-700 flash unit, various filters, Vanguard back pack), I will never consider purchasing another Henry's private label product, no matter how attractive the price point.
I still have not decided if I will return the product for a credit.
Smarten up Henry's. Make your products live up generally accepted standards."