USED SONY HVL-F42 AM FLASH 8+
Buy used with confidence. All of our equipment is cleaned and tested. Plus it comes with a Henrys USED Equipment Warranty. Any warranty repairsUsed Photo, Digital and Video Equipment comes with a 90-day warranty which covers both parts and labour.
Plus for only pennies a day, you can upgrade your used warranty by 3 years. Click here to learn more.
We rate the condition of all of our used goods. At the end of the description you will see a number that represents the condition code. Click here to view condition code ratings.
ALL of our used goods have limited quantities. Typically only one of each. These used goods are available for sale in our retail stores. When we sell on line, we pull back from our stores to ship to you. In the rare case that the item is sold in the store before your on-line order is picked, we will contact you to either change or cancel your order. Your credit card is never charged until we ship the goods. Your order will be confirmed within 3 business days.
- Wireless Functions
- Wide Illumination Range
- Material- Poly-carbonate plastic
- For Sony A (alpha)DSLR cameras
- Accessory Flash - can improve formal portraits, brighten low-light scenes, bounce lighting to soften shadows and illuminate the entire frame, provide fill-in flash for backlit shots and expand your creative freedom with complex lighting effects to give shots greater depth, erase or define shadows and bring hidden details into view
- More Power, Longer Range - High illumination output in a small lightweight body, with effective range greater than 30 feet (10.5m) and guide number 42
- Versatile Bounce Angle - Flexible adjustment angles of 90° up, 90° left and 180° right give you greater flexibility for bouncing light from ceiling, walls or bounce cards
- Auto WB Adjustment - Intelligent features include the power to adjust white balance automatically -- with color temperature information signaled to the a camera before WB is adjusted
- Auto Zoom Control - Automatically optimized for the APS-C size or 35mm full-frame size of the image sensor of the a system camera being used (DSLR-A700, DSLR-A200 and later models)
- Wide-Angle Coverage - Automatically adjusts flash for focal-length settings from 24mm to 105mm -- and a built-in, slide-out wide-angle panel increases wide-angle coverage to 16mm
- Wireless Operation - Sony á cameras feature an operating mode that sends wireless signals to one or more HVL-F42AM Flash Units, allowing you to operate and adjust off-camera flash lighting setups with greater ease
- High-Speed Sync - Conventional flash only works well at shutter speeds from 1/125 to 1/250 of a second -- HVL-F42AM Flash Unit provides High-Speed Synchronization mode that enables flash sync with shutter speeds from 1/500 to 1/4000 of a second to catch fast-moving subjects
- ADI Flash Metering - ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) metering capability enables the HVL-F42AM to work more effectively with lenses equipped with distance encoders -- combining TTL (through-the-lens) flash metering with guide number control calculated automatically according to the distance to the subject, the ambient light and the pre-flash reflectivity of the subject
- Simple Controls, Flash Test Button - Flash controls are simple and easy to operate -- and a quick-reference flash test button provides both flash ready (amber) and proper exposure (green) signals
- Fast Recharging Time - Recharges approximately 38% more quickly than Sony's previous entry-level accessory flash (HVL-F36AM), so your a system DSLR can be ready to catch the next great moment
- Flash Effective Range - Shooting Distance - F2 :1m to 18m
- Flash Effective Range-2 - Guide Number - Worth 42 (at 105mm lens focal distance)
- Flash Effective Range-3 - Number of flashes - More than 180 times (using Alkaline batteries)
- Flash Effective Range-4 - Lighting Angle (Vertical): Approx. 45degrees (at 35mm lens focal distance)
- Flash Effective Range-5 - Lighting Angle (Horizontal): Approx. 60degrees (at 35mm lens focal distance)
- Flash Effective Range-6 - Color temperature - approx.5500K
- Flash Effective Range-7 - Connecter - Intelligent Accessory Shoe
- Flash Mode(s) - Automatic Light Control
- Flash Effective Range-8 - READY Lamp
- Flash Effective Range-9 - Wide Panel
- Flash Effective Range-10 - Lighting Angle (Vertical) --Use The Wide Panel approx. 155°
- Flash Effective Range-11 - Lighting Angle (Horizontal) --Use The Wide Panel approx.125°
- Flash Effective Range-12 - Bounce angles: Upward - 90 degrees; Left - 90 degrees; Right - 180 degrees
- Battery Type - AA Alkaline /AA Ni-MH - requires 4
- Weight (Approx.) - 12 oz (340g) (excluding AA batteries)
- Dimensions (Approx.) - (WHD) 2-15/16 x 4-13/16 x 3-15/16" (75 x 123 x 100 mm)
Ratings and Reviews
No one has rated this yet. Why don't you be the first?
Write a Review