|Type ||Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera |
|Recording Media ||SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card |
|Image Format ||35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame) |
|Compatible Lenses ||Canon EF lenses (except EF-S and EF-M lenses) |
|Lens Mount ||Canon EF mount |
|Type ||CMOS Sensor |
|Pixels ||Effective: Approx. 20.2 megapixels |
|Pixel Unit ||6.55 µm square |
|Total Pixels ||Approx. 20.6 megapixels |
|Aspect Ratio ||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical) |
|Color Filter System ||RGB primary color filters |
|Low Pass Filter ||Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor |
|Dust Deletion Feature ||(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit - Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter. Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking 8.0 sec.). |
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending - The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images. The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning of sensor
|Recording Format ||Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.30 |
|Image Format ||Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG |
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
|File Size ||(1) Large: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648) |
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.9 megapixels (3,648 x 2,432)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
(4) Small 2: Approx. 2.5 megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) Small 3: Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
M RAW: Approx. 11.0 megapixels (4,104 x 2,736)
S RAW: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
|Backup Recording ||N/A |
|File Numbering ||The following three types of file numbering methods can be set: |
(1) Continuous numbering
* The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera's card.
(2) Auto reset
* When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
(3) Manual reset
* Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
|RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording ||Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously |
|Colour Space ||sRGB, Adobe RGB |
|Picture Style ||Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3 |
|Settings ||Auto, Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° - 10,000°K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500° - 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing |
|Auto White Balance ||Auto white balance with the image sensor |
|Color Temperature Compensation ||Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels |
- Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
* Correction based on the current WB mode's color temperature.
|Color Temperature Information Transmission ||Provided |
|Type ||Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism) |
|Coverage ||Vertical/Horizontal approx. 97% |
|Magnification ||Approx. 0.71x / 33.3° |
|Eye Point ||Approx. 21mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center) |
|Dioptric Adjustment Correction ||-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter) |
|Focusing Screen ||Eg-A II provided. Interchangeable with Eg-D and Eg-S. Incompatible with Eg-A. |
|Mirror ||Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60) |
|Viewfinder Information ||- AF information |
AF points and focus confirmation
- Exposure information
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
- Flash information
Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock
- Image information
Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
- Battery check
- Composition information
- Warning Symbol
Displayed if any of the following is set: Monochrome, white balance correction, expanded ISO speed, or spot metering.
|Depth Of Field Preview ||Enabled with depth-of-field preview button |
|Type ||TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor |
|AF Points ||11 points |
Center: cross-type at f/5.6; vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.
Upper and lower AF points: vertical line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
Other AF points: Horizontal line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
|AF Working Range ||Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100) |
Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
|Focusing Modes ||1) Autofocus |
- One-Shot AF
- AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF
*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically.
2) Manual focus
|AF Point Selection ||(1) Automatic selection |
(2) Manual selection
|Selected AF Point Display ||Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor. |
|AF Assist Beam ||1) Enable |
* With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, AF-assist beam is emitted automatically when necessary.
3) IR AF-assist beam only
* No AF-assist beam with flash bursts.
|Metering Modes ||Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes: |
1) Evaluative metering
2) Partial metering (center: approx. 8% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center: approx. 3.5% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range ||EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.8 II lens, ISO 100) |
|Exposure Control Systems ||Creative Zone |
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure
(6) Custom shooting mode
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Creative Auto
(3) Special Scene
- Night Portrait
- Handheld Night Scene
- HDR Backlight Control mode
|ISO Speed Range ||For Stills: Manual setting range of ISO 100-25600 (expansion possible to ISO 50, ISO 51200 and 102400) in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments) |
*1: It depends on [Minimum] and [Maximum] of auto ISO setting.
|Shooting Mode ||ISO Settings |
|Auto (Scene Intelligent Auto, Creative Auto, Close-up, Macro, Sports, Night Portrait, HDR Backlight Control mode) ||ISO 100–12800 |
|Handheld Night Scene mode ||ISO 100–25600 |
|Landscape ||ISO 100–1600 |
|P, TV, Av, M ||ISO–25600*1 |
|B ||ISO 400 fixed*1 |
|With flash ||ISO 400 fixed*1,2,3,4 |
*2: If overexposure would occur with fill flash, the minimum ISO speed is ISO 100.
*3: Scene Intelligent Auto, Night Portrait and Handheld Night Scene modes are excluded.
*4: For bounced external flash when Creative Auto, Close-up, Landscape, Macro, Sports / P is set, automatically set between ISO 400–1600.
|Exposure Compensation ||(1) Manual : ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments |
(2) AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
* Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be combined.
* The AEB shooting sequence will be standard exposure, underexposure and overexposure. With the self-timer, three continuous shots will be taken regardless of the current drive mode.
* The number of bracketed shots: 2, 3, 5, or 7 settable with a Custom Function.
|AE Lock ||Possible |
* During movie shooting, press the <*> button for AE lock and press the button to cancel AE lock (not automatically cancelled).
* AE lock (cancelled automatically when metering timer is turned off) possible before movie shooting. Movie shooting can start while AE lock is set.
|Type ||Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled |
|Shutter Speeds ||1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.) |
|Shutter Release ||Soft-touch electromagnetic release |
|Self Timer ||10-sec. or 2-sec. delay |
|Shutter Lag Time ||(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.060 sec. |
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.144 sec.
* Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3.5 stops or less (Excludes AF operation time).