View All Point & Shoot Cameras
View All Mirrorless Cameras
View All Digital SLRs
View All Medium Format Cameras & Accessories
View All Mirrorless Lenses
View All Digital SLR Lenses
View all Drones / UAVs
View all Drone Accessories
View All Camcorders
Video isn't just for camcorders anymore. Check out our selection of Digital SLRs!
View All Bags & Cases
View All Audio Accessories
View All Cables & Chargers
View All Cases & Screen Protectors
View All Lighting Accessories
View All Remotes & Triggers
View All Stabilizers & Mounts
View All Light Modifiers
View All On Sale Bags & Cases
You've got a new camera, camcorder or perhaps some lighting gear. Excellent. Now what? Henry's has several books for sale on a variety of topics to help you get up and running. Or take a course with Henry's Learning Lab and get advanced, in-depth instruction in a classroom environment.
Take a look at some of the awesome events we have coming up:
Complete Lighting and Shooting Workshop Event March 5th, 2017 - Studio 311, Toronto
Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition Now until March 2017 - Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto
See All Events Check back regularly. We always have something happening!
Add To Cart
Life of Manufacturer’s Warranty
H.E.L.P begins after your default manufacturer’s
warranty ends. Thereby extending your warranty by up to three additional
If your product requires repair more than twice during the warranty period it will
be exchanged for a comparable model of the kind and quality.
We have your back where ever your photographic journey takes you.
Should you decide to sell your purchase down the road, our HELP plans are completely
transferable to the new owner.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HELP
After two weeks of heavy use I have a few comments about this head
- It's solid as you'd expect from Manfrotto, built like a tank.
- the adjustments are fairly intuitive and well placed for good ergonomics
- I don't really find that the friction controls add much in the way of fine tuning, maybe I have to use them more but I find the action of the pan and tilt to be smooth enough for most uses without fiddling with the friction.
- the head has a movie/photo mode lever that is supposed to snap into place when you move it from one to the other. Mine snap locks when I move up from photo to movie but not the other way - one of the videos shows it locking both ways so mine's faulty
- The plate sticks when sliding it onto the head and it takes too much fussing with the locking knob and release button to get it into place almost every time.
- there's a little clip supplied to attach the pan bar to when not in use. The rubber band to keep it attached to the tripod leg broke within a couple of days. A covered spring-wire would be better or even a hose clamp style gizmo.
If I hadn't needed it so badly for a job I would of sent it back for a replacement, assuming the plate issue is unique to my unit which is my main gripe.
But overall I'm happy with it and it does the job but given the above faults/shortcomings, it's definitely exactly the right tool for me and I look forward to many years of video/still shooting with it.
found this review helpful. Was this review helpful for you?
Report As Inappropriate
Sign up for Henry's eNewsletter to learn about events near you, great deals, new products and be entered to Win Your Purchase! Find out more.
Need help? Call us at 1-800-461–7960 or by reach us by email.
All prices listed are in Canadian dollars. We make every effort to ensure our prices are accurate. We do, however, reserve the right to advise you of any errors prior to processing your invoice. If you are not willing to accept changes on these errors we will cancel your order. Henry's reserves the right to limit quantities. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
© 1996-2017 Cranbrook Glen Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved.