The first store was located on Yonge Street, in what was then the heart of the business district of the growing city of Toronto, population approximately 300,000.
Anna Bialick, Harry’s future wife, was born in New York City in 1894.
Harry and Anna were married in 1916. In the same year, his
fledgling jewelry business moved to 558 Queen Street West where it remained until 1921. Daughter Sylvia was born in 1916 and was
followed two years later by son Gerald. As was typical of the era, the
four person family lived in a small apartment above the family business.
In 1922, Henry & Company Jewelers moved to a yet another new location at 2917 Dundas St West in an area known as the Junction, near Keele Street and Dundas Street. In roaring '20s Toronto, the business was prospering, and Harry and Anna along with Sylvia and Gerald moved into a roomier apartment at 1934 Bloor Street West in 1922 and then to 131 Humberside Avenue two years later. In 1926, they moved back to 1932 Bloor Street West and remained there until 1928.
In 1928, Henry & Company was on the move again, this time to the east side
of the city, across the Don River, to
1494 Danforth Avenue, where the young couple once again lived above the store. The store remained at this location until 1932.